Director of mechanical engineering (M/F) – Full time
|Products development department|
Founded in 1994, CRAN (Centre de Recherches Avancées du Nogentais) is one of the most advanced machining centers in the industry. CRAN is equipped with 24 MAZAK CNC machines. This exceptional facility produces more than 600,000 pieces a year. In addition, within its product development department, 10 highly qualified engineers work to develop innovative and reliable products.
Why join us? Behind the success of our company, there are motivated teams who like to take up great challenges. Our company is committed to equality and diversity; your future colleagues come from different backgrounds because our diversity is our strength and allows us to evolve. Our teams are driven by a system of values and principles that places the customer at the center of their concerns. These customers are spread all over the world and they trust us.
We invite you to discover our universe and to join one of our teams of passionate and qualified employees. By joining us, you will be able to support the growth of our company, learn and develop your talents but above all take up great challenges.
We are looking for a director of mechanical engineering (M/F) with more than 10 years experience in a R&D design office to manage the design office and design tomorrow’s products. Full time position, permanent contract to be filled as quickly as possible at our Nogent-sur-Seine site. You must be absolutely fluent in French and English.
- Guarantee the creation of new products
- Daily monitoring and control of the team’s work
- Participate in the development of the company
- Carry out the specifications of the devices to be created with the customers, study the feasibility of customer requests
- Draw parts, sub-assemblies or systems of mechanical assembly, do simulations
- Determine the price of the prototype
- Carry out purchase requests and production launches in order to produce prototype parts
- Take into account manufacturing techniques (machining, casting, welding, cutting, plastic injection, etc.)
- Communicate with the suppliers
- Carry out tests on equipment for studies or for customers
- Monitor the schedules of ongoing projects
- Establish the files for obtaining financial assistance related to research
- Comply with French and international standards and check the conformity of designs with these standards
- Participate in the development of national and international standards for our products
- Technical assistance to sales representatives for the preparation of quotations, in production for problem solving, in purchasing for better supply
- Participate in customer product training
- Higher education in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years experience in project management within a design office in the mechanical industry sector and in hydraulics
- Wide knowledge in: fluid mechanics, materials sciences, Solidworks, production processes and production management
- Bilingual English/French
- Fluency in German would be a plus
Reporting to the general management, you will be responsible for managing the mechanical design office and designing new products. The dominant mechanical skills are a priority for this position as well as a perfect command of French and English. We draw attention to the fact that you will design products the same way as the members of the engineering office. Therefore, it is essential that you are a professional industrial designer ! You will also be tested on these skills.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and expectations to the following address: hr [at] pok-fire.com quoting the reference CRAN2-RDP-DB-190508-TC.